Grandparents and parents, the Nebraska Youth Climate Summit is being held for the 4th year in Lincoln at UNL’s Innovation campus on Friday October 7th from 8:30-4:30. College, high school and middle students. Issues that will be covered include:
· Climate change issues for Nebraska with suggested actions
· The climate pulse of the planet
· Eco-anxiety during the climate crisis '
· Reasons for hope, how young people make a difference
· Free lunch with speakers will be served with the free summit
Students not in college must be excused by their parents from school. For students in LPS, the activity is listed on the electronic bulletin board - JELO (Job and Extended Learning Opportunities) which can be accessed through your students’ account. Offering a ride to a student you know, might help them attend the event.